Last Modified 2/24/22
The intent of this policy is to describe what types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit this website (www.speedystop.com) or when you enroll or participate in the Speedy Stop Rewards Program (collectively, our “Sites”), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
In addition to our Sites, this policy applies to information we collect in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Sites, or through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Sites, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Sites. This policy also applies to information obtained through employment or applications, shopping in the stores, contacting customer service, engaging on social media or otherwise interacting with the Company.  This policy does not apply to information collected by us though any other means, including any other website operated by the Company or any third parties that may link or be accessible from, or on, our site.
Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, telephone number, birthdate, passwords, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or similar identifier, Speedy Stop Rewards Account Number (“personal information”)
- That is about you individually but does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment or device you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us, and (ii) automatically as you navigate through our Sites such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Sites that you provide to us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Sites or in person at any of our convenience store locations or over the phone to any one of our customer service representatives. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites. It also includes information provided in connection with an employment application. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Sites.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visit to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Sites.
- Information about your computer equipment and internet connection, including your IP address and other identifiers, operating system, and browser type.
- Commercial information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, as well as search and browsing or “clickstream” data in connection with the Sites, and geographic location information.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie personal information provided to us by you or other sources to data collected automatically.
When you download one of our mobile applications, we may track and collect usage data such as date and time the app accesses our servers and what information and files have been accessed, viewed and downloaded to the app based on your device number or other identifier. If you allow the mobile app to collect location information, we may receive the precise location of your mobile device, such as your device’s precise GPS coordinates. Typically, you give permission to do so through your device’s mobile operating system. If you grant permission we may collect that information while the device is running in the foreground or background. You may disable the app’s collection of location information through your device’s mobile operating system.
We may collect, use, or share personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To provide customer service.
- To administer the Speedy Stop Rewards Program, process your rewards, and communicate offers to you from our trusted third-party partners.
- To present our Sites and their contents to you.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Sites.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To fulfil the purposes for which you provided it.
- To protect the Company against error, fraud, property damage, and theft, and for audit purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
- To communicate with you regarding any of the above purposes.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences.
Notwithstanding, we may disclose aggregated, non-personal, information about our users, without restriction.
Additional Notes About the Use of Information
Speedy Stop Rewards Members
The Company administers the Speedy Stop Rewards Program. Your enrollment in the Rewards program is free and completely voluntary. Enrollment requires your consent to the Rewards Terms and Conditions and verifying that you are at least 13 years of age. When you enroll in the Speedy Stop Rewards program, you will be asked to provide certain personal information to us, including (but not limited to) your first and last name, email address, Zip Code, a password, phone number, and Date of Birth. We use this personal information to register you into the Speedy Stop Rewards program, administer the program, process your rewards, and communicate offers to you from our third-party partners.
As a Speedy Stop Rewards member, you may opt-in to receive notifications of various offers and programs from the Company and our third-party partners. Please know that your participation in these offers and programs is always voluntary and requires you to affirmatively “opt-in” to participate.
You can change your decision to participate in the Speedy Stop Rewards program at any time. Changes to or the deletion of your account can be done by logging into your Speedy Stop Rewards account or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware, however, that deleting your Speedy Stop Rewards Membership will result in the loss of all your Speedy Stop Rewards points. Even if you delete your Speedy Stop Rewards Account, you may still receive communications from the third-party partners you have registered with, but you will not be able to earn Speedy Stop Rewards points unless you re-enroll in the Speedy Stop Rewards program.
We make good faith efforts to keep your personal information safe, but the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. We have implemented industry-standard measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access or disclosure, however, any transmission of this information is at your own risk, and we are not responsible for any circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Sites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age and no one under age 13 may provide any information on our Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 and, if we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us promptly at email@example.com or (361)582-5100.